The NAYSPS was developed by Health Canada based on a review of evidence-based suicide prevention approaches and existing prevention strategies, both nationally and internationally. It was also informed by the Advisory Group on Suicide Prevention’s final report, Acting on What We Know: Preventing Youth Suicide in First Nations. The Strategy incorporates the best available evidence with respect to youth suicide prevention and is focused on finding ways to reduce risk factors and promote protective factors for Aboriginal youth suicide.
Recent Blog Posts
- About the Immigrant and Refugee Mental Health Project (IRMHP)
- No One Is Illegal – Vancouver » Blog Archive » Border Rights for Refugees: A multilingual guide
- The Migration and Mental Health Database
- What’s So Special about Canada? Understanding the Resilience of Immigration and Multiculturalism | migrationpolicy.org
- Digital Humanitarianism: How Tech Entrepreneurs Are Supporting Refugee Integration | migrationpolicy.org