The following organizations provide access to interpreters and culture brokers in Alberta:
Interpretation and Translation Services (Calgary)
The Language Bank is committed to facilitating equal access of community services and programs for immigrants and refugees through the provision of high quality translation and interpretation services. We provide document translation in over 50 languages at affordable costs. Interpretation services are provided for individual clients and government/community organizations.
- How can you access our translation and interpretation services?
- For translation requests contact (403) 705-8893 to book an appointment or emailLB@immigrantservicescalgary.ca for inquiries.
- For interpretation requests contact (403) 538-8360. Agencies will need to fill out theInterpretation Request Form for the requests.
- For CRCFS interpretation requests fill out the Interpretation Request Form or contact (403) 705-4380.
Language Bank – Edmonton Immigrant Services Association (Edmonton)
Edmonton Immigrant Services Association (EISA) provides translation and interpretation services free of charge for eligible clients. EISA provides certified translation of basic documents needed for immediate settlement, educational and vocational purpose such as: diploma or degree certificates/transcripts, birth/marriage/death/divorce certificates, and professional accreditation documents. EISA also provides Interpretation in clients’ first language to assist with appointments at the government and other organizations.
- Tel: (780) 474-8445 (ask for Language Bank staff)